About Me

My photo
Keep up with our family, find out what's new and exciting with the kids!! Check out our neat pictures and slide shows!! xoxo

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Chicken Noodle Soup

Uggg.... So ben and I have been siiiiick!! Since last week we have both been snot bags!! It's been awful. I took Ben to the Dr. last week and they said he just had a viral infection and they couldn't do anything for him...
But then Sunday, after me having missed 3 days of work and his fever still holding strong at 104 I decided to take him in again, and low and behold he had strep.... yeah, and I had bronchitis... so then Monday was another fun filled day of sickness for the both of us.
We pulled out the blankies and had tons of Chickie noodle soup... you know as much as I hate being sick it was actually kind of nice, I mean Ben is five now and he is "a BIG boy" so he has gotten less cuddly... but when he is sick "Mommy" is his world!! He needed me again and he was just the sweetest little love bug, cuddling with me and hanging out with me watching movies. And when I made him chicken noodle soup that was just the right temp not to hot not too cold I was "the greatest person ever and he would love me forever and ever"
So despite the fact that I was exhausted and sick my self it was all worth it to be yet again Ben's hero!!
There is nothing like a mommys love when you're not feeling well, so I pay tribute to all the fabulous mothers in my circle!! We are the BOMB let's giver ourselves a well deserved pat on the back!!
A special thanks to my mom who very kindly took Ben off my hands one evening so that I could get some much needed rest... mothers are selfless and kind and always know when they are really needed.... this we should all aspire to!

So anyways that has been up with us lately. Ben is doing somewhat better now, but he is still getting over the yuckies!
I'm doing better too, but today I'm just super tired since yesterday I shopped my legs off at the Mall of America...
Julie and I road tripped to Minneapolis Tuesday to watch the Raptors play... it was fantastic, a really nice little "valentines" getaway for the two of us. Best of all I got to see Uncle Eric, whom I hadn't seen in well over a decade!! He looked great! He got her and I tickets to the game and then visit with us for just a bit after. He was just as kind and sweet as I remembered, however he was a "GIANT" anymore... must mean that I am taller, I always remembered my Uncle Eric to be this really tall giant... but those are usually the perceptions of young children, adults always seem so big....
So we drove down there, a six hour drive... went to the game, chatted with U.Eric and then we got into a bit of trouble... because there can never be a "Julie and I" situation with out trouble somewhere in the scenario... :)
And since we were there the next day we decided to go shopping at the Mall of America... that place is ginormous!! I bought a ton of clothes since there is on tax on clothes or shoes there... and also because I had just ruined most of my work clothes because some little boy had put a marker and some chap stick in the dryer... enough said!
The drive back was excruciating... we had shopped for too long and were so tired, we took turns driving and made it home last night about 9.30... But it was soooo worth it, it was a blast!
I will add a pic of Uncle Eric and us when he sends it to me...
That's all for now...
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you both are a bit better. Our whole family went through the same thing which lasted about 3 weeks. It was a horrible vomit-fest. It is so nice to hear you write about you and Ben. I love the way you describe your feelings on being a Mommy. It really is the best gift ever. Keep up the excellent work sweetie. Love and miss you both.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uncle Eric is a GIANT! I mean he is to me still, seing I am a giant 5'4! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete